Updating a Travel Authorization
Once a Travel Requisition has been approved, it becomes the Travel Authorization (TA). Periodically you may need to update a Travel Authorization in order to do the following:
- Update the Travel Dates
- Increase the TCard Maximum
- Increase/Decrease estimated reimbursable amounts
- Add a comment
- Update the Purpose
- Add/Remove a Travel Advance
- Update the method of transportation
Please Note: If you want to update the cost center information you will utilize the PODT function in BASIS.
Below is a step by step guide to updating the TA, which must be done in 3270 BASIS:
- While in 3270 BASIS type TA in the Command field with an Action of a U (Update) and tab to the TA field and type the TA number and press 'enter'. The following screen is available (The TA is 3 screens):
- To view any extended text that is associated with the TA you will press the PF9 (Why?) while on any screen.
- To view the vendor address information, press the PF12 (VInfo) while on Screen 1.
- To view any TRPOs that are associated with this TA press the PF12 (TRPOs) while on Screen 3.
- Once you have modified the fields for which you want to modify, press 'enter' to validate and then PF10 to save/submit the TA for TARGET approval.