If you Have Forgotten your UARK Password
This information pertains to University non-students (faculty, staff, emeritus, and affiliates) only. For students, you must go to ISIS.
If you have forgotten your UARK password, please follow these steps to reset your password:
- Have you previously activated your UARK account (if so, skip this step)? To activate your UARK username and password, please visit http://newuser.uark.edu. If you have already activated your account, skip to the next step.
- Do you remember your reminder question and answer (if not, skip this step)? When you create your e-mail, you can set a reminder question and answer as another means of accessing your account. If not, skip to the next step.
- Submit a written or email request to the University's ITS Help Desk to have your password reset (these are the only other options).
- Visit the UITS Help Desk at 155 Razorback Road, ADSB 100A, Monday-Thursday from 7am-6pm or Friday from 7am-5pm. You will need a vlid photo ID (preferably your UA ID card).
- Visit one of the General Access Computing Labs (GACLs) on campus with a valid photo ID (preferably a UA ID card), and complete a Request to Reset UARK account form with the Lab Operator on duty. The Lab Operator will contact the Help Desk to verify the user's account. This method may only be used during the Help Desk's operating hours, listed above.
- Email the following information to email@example.com from an alternate email address:
- FULL name: First, Middle, Last
- 9-digit University ID Number (NOT the 6-digit employee id number)
- UARK email username (ex. jjoseph)
- Supervisor's name or Departmental Chairperson's name
- Contact phone number
- Mail the Request to Reset UARK account form to the address provided on the form.
- Fax the Request to Reset UARK account form to the fax number provided on the form.
- Await a response and reset your password. The UITS Help Desk will process your information in a timely manner and will notify you by phone when the password is reset. To select a new password, you have 24 hours from your phone call or email to choose a new password by visiting http://www.uark.edu/newuser. If you do not complete the process in time, you will have to submit a new request.
Please Note: For your privacy and security, University officials cannot access your password. However, if you have any questions about the information provided above, please contact the UITS Help Desk at 479-575-2905.